Abraham Abgozo, Garet Galster, Rudy Kuss, and Jacob Short from Marquette University Law School won the national title in the Saul Lefkowitz Moot Court Competition, the nation's preeminent trademark law tournament. The Marquette team topped the University of Alabama School of Law in the final round, held in Washington D.C. Also advancing to the national final four were western regional champion Santa Clara University School of Law and eastern regional winner Boston College School of Law.
Boston College students Scott Allen, Neil Schumacher, and Sarah Thomas were recognized as the Best National Oralist team, with the Alabama team finishing in second place.
The Dolores K. Hanna Best Brief award went to Sarah C. Craven and Timothy A. Grathwol of William Mitchell College of Law; Marquette's team was the runner-up.
The regional award winners were as follows:
1. Boston College Law School
2. Howard University School of Law
3. Franklin Pierce Law Center
1. University of Alabama
2. Barry University School of Law
3. Georgia State University
1. Marquette University Law School
2. Creighton University School of Law
3. William Mitchell College of Law (tie)
3. University of Wisconsin College of Law (tie)
1. Santa Clara University School of Law
2. Gonzaga University School of Law
3. Boalt Hall, UC Berkeley